Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a versatile polymer used in a broad range of medical, industrial, and high technology applications. Porous PTFE is inert, making it unreactive to most chemicals, and, it can work in high processing and operating temperature environments (500°F / 260°C continuous).
Porex porous PTFE offers excellent thermal, electrical, mechanical, and chemical properties as well as superior control over pore size, permeability, water entry pressure, and thickness. PTFE is an ideal choice for a wide variety of demanding applications requiring one or a combination of these exceptional properties.
PTFE MANUFACTURING STANDARDS
PTFE materials are manufactured in Class 100k clean rooms under ISO 9001:2008 quality standards. They are available in a variety of formats including rolls, sheets, die cut, and rotary cut parts and also with adhesive backings.
- chemically inert
- thermally resistant (500°F / 260°C continuous use)
- compatible with ultrasonic/thermal welding and inset molding
- hydrophobic and oleophobic
- omni-directional flow
- high tensile strength
- steam and EtO (ethylene oxide) sterilizable
- natural white or black color
- UL 94 V-0 @ 0.1mm and 5VA @ 0.75mm
- UL 746C f1 rating (outdoor weatherability)
- low dielectric constant (to 1.43)
- diffuse reflectivity up to 98%
- used in medical devices